We follow the AQA Biology specification
AS and first year of A Levels students will study:
1. Biological molecules
3. Organisms exchange substances with their environment
4. Genetic information, variation and relationships between organisms
In the second year of A Level students will study:
5. Energy transfers in and between organisms
6. Organisms respond to changes in their internal and external environments
7. Genetics, populations, evolution and ecosystems
8. The control of gene expression
There is no coursework on this course. However, your performance during required practicals will be assessed.
There are three exams at the end of the two years for A-level, all of which are two hours long. At least 15% of the marks for A-level Biology are based on what you learned in your practicals.
The AS has two exams at the end of the year, both are 1 hour 30 minutes long.